Autism Technologies, Inc.
Last modified: December 12th, 2018
This Policy is in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). For more information about COPPA and general tips about protecting children’s online privacy, please visit OnGuard Online.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Company’s website at www.meetstella.app (our “Website”) or access or subscribe to our services or access the content available through such Website or our software applications (such content and services are collectively our “Services”) and describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information that we collect:
- On such Website or through the use of our Services; and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website or in conjunction with using our Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website or through your use of the Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and the information that you provide and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website and Services. By accessing or using this Website or the Services, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the collection, transfer, processing, storage, disclosure and other uses of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. Personal Information is defined below in the Section that has the title “Information We Collect and How We Collect It.” This Policy may change from time to time. For information about our policies regarding changes to the Policy, see the Section that has the caption “Changes to our Policy” below. Your continued use of this Website or the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website and Services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age without supervision by, and the consent of, a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (defined below in the Section captioned “Information We Collect and How We Collect It”) from children under 18 that has not been provided by a parent or guardian with the lawful right to provide such information. No one under the age of 18 years old may use the Website or Services without the supervision of a parent or guardian. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18 years of age who has provided Personal Information to us without supervision by, and the consent of, a parent or guardian, please contact us at [email protected].
If you are under 18 and would like us to remove the content or Personal Information that you or your parent or guardian has posted, please contact us at the email address or postal address provided below. To protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify a parent’s or guardian’s identity before granting access to any Personal Information.
If you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects Personal Information and you or another parent or guardian has NOT received an email providing notice or seeking your consent, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Privacy Officer Information
We make decisions about how your information will be used. Our contact information is: Autism Technologies, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1430 Gadsden Hwy. Suite 116-605, Birmingham, AL 35235. You can also contact us by email at [email protected].
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Services and users who communicate with us, including information:
- By which you or your child may be personally identified, such as your or your child’s name, age, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, services you have purchased, your comments, or any other information that we collect through the Website or Services that is defined as personal data, personal or personally identifiable information (or the like) under an applicable law, that you provide about yourself or about your child (“Personal Information”);
- Required for us to process orders that you may place through our Website or the Services, including the name on your credit card, your credit card number, your credit card’s three-digit card verification value (CVV), your street address, country, region, and zip code (“Financial Information”);
- Required for us to identify and authenticate you or your child and secure your interactions with the Website and the Services;
- That is about you or your child but individually does not identify you of your child; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, your computer or digital device’s IP addresses (that is, a unique string of numbers that identifies each device using the Internet Protocol to communicate over the internet), and information collected through cookies. (We describe what these are in the section of this Policy captioned “Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.”); and
- From third parties.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website or when you sign up to receive Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or through our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to our Services, making payments, requesting further services or using our Services. We may also ask you for information when you contact us through our Website or through the Services, including your email address and your phone number;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. We may also receive certain information from third parties required for us to fulfill your orders;
- Information that you provide to us when you call us or communicate with us by electronic mail. This includes information that you provide to us when you communicate with our customer support department; and
- Usernames and passwords that we use to authenticate your access to the Website and the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and our Services, including traffic data, access times, accessed pages, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, domain name, operating system, browser type and language, and other unique identifying information, including information of devices that have our software downloaded and installed on them;
- Information about the timing and sizes of packets sent between you and the Website and the Services;
- Information about the pages from which you were referred to our Site or our Services; and
- Information about your monitor or device screen resolution and color depth.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and the Services offered through such Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Identify where you are located;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or use our Services;
- Identify you and ensure the security of our Website and the Services and the transmission and storage of data between you and us; and
- Control unauthorized use or abuse of our Website and our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Personal Information is not collected by us via cookies and other tracking technologies. If you have previously provided Personal Information to us, however, cookies may be tied to such information.
How And Why We Use Your Information and the Information that Your Provide
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you or your child;
- To provide the Services and its contents to you or your child;
- To provide you with a customized curriculum for you and your child, including making recommendations of third party services or products that may be helpful for you and your child;
- To personalize and improve your experience with the Website and Services;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with notices about your account and subscriptions;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or Services and any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and Services;
- To allow you to purchase subscriptions and process payments;
- To contact you and provide you with help if you have a customer service issue;
- To identify and protect you and maintain your account;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Store Your Information
All Personal Information is stored on restricted database servers. We use industry standard measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your information once it is in our care. Our third party hosting provider has access to the servers on which your data is stored. We use secure sockets layer technology for transmitting your data and encrypting passwords.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information and Information that You Provide
All Personal Information remains private with us and is not distributed, rented, shared or sold to any outside organizations without your consent except as described in this Policy. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual (including de-identified or anonymized health information), without restriction.
We may disclose or share information, including Personal Information, that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To researchers for research purposes, such as comparing the efficacy of treatment options, but only if your Personal Information is de-identified or anonymized;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of the Company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, assignment for the benefit of creditors, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, in which information, including Personal Information, held by the Company about our Website and Services’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow us to respond to your customer service issues.
- To provide information about you, if you are a child, to family members or others who are involved in your care.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose when you provide your consent.
We may also disclose your information, including Personal Information:
- To cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law, including to comply with any court order, law, or legal process (including responses to subpoenas), including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To prevent or to stop activity that we believe is illegal or unethical.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and resolving disputes.
Choices You Have Over How We Use Your Personal Information and Personal Information that You Provide
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We are not, however, responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of your information, including Personal Information, if you choose to make such information accessible to all or some of the public. Any personal information you choose to provide to the public should reflect how much you want others to know about you as the information that you provide to the Website or the Services may be broadly and quickly disseminated.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Changing the Information Provided to Us. You may review, update, correct or delete personal information or your account by sending an email to: [email protected] or a request to Autism Technologies, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1430 Gadsden Hwy. Suite 116-605, Birmingham, AL 35235.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You have rights to your data, and you can request to delete or transfer your data upon cancelling any subscriptions that you may have with us in accordance with this Policy. You can review and change your some of the Personal Information that you have provided us by emailing [email protected].
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete Personal Information that you have provided to us except by also deleting your user account and information about any orders that you may have placed with us. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Please note that if you revoke permission to use or disclose Personal Information or request deletion of Personal Information that you have provided to us, your Personal Information may not be deleted from our databases or backup storage devices, as we will retain your Personal Information for as long as we deem it reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding access and correction of Personal Information, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
If you provide us permission to use or disclose Personal Information about you or your child, you may revoke that permission, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your permission, we will no longer use or disclose the Personal Information that you have provided us for the reasons covered by your written authorization except to process any outstanding payment obligations that you may have and to retain such information for the our records for as long as we deem it reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You understand that we are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made with your permission, and that we may by law be required to retain certain records of the services that we provided to you.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to withdraw any consents that you have provided us. We may not accommodate a request, for instance for deletion of Personal Information, if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Please note that if you revoke permission to use or disclose Personal Information or request deletion of Personal Information that you have provided to us, your Personal Information may not be deleted from our databases or backup storage devices. As noted above, we will retain your Personal Information in our databases and backup storage devices for as long as we deem it reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding withdrawing consent, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as your account with us for receiving Services is considered to be active. Unless you request to delete your Personal Information, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you Services and to communicate with you about Services and products. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, please contact us at [email protected] or at the following postal address: Autism Technologies, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1430 Gadsden Hwy. Suite 116-605, Birmingham, AL 35235. Deactivation of your account does not mean your Personal Information has been deleted from our databases or backup storage devices or that we will be able to prevent the use, storage, or transmission of Personal Information that has already been disclosed to third parties. To request removal of your Personal Information, please send an email to [email protected] or a request to the following postal address: Autism Technologies, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1430 Gadsden Hwy. Suite 116-605, Birmingham, AL 35235. While your account is active and even after it has been closed or you have requested deletion of your Personal Information, we will retain your Personal Information as long as we deem it reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will provide details on how to delete your data upon cancellation of any subscription that you may have with us. For detailed information on this process, please reach out to our support team at [email protected].
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding data retention, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
Third Party Services
We may share certain information, including Personal Information, that we collect about or from you with our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers may collect information based upon your use of our Website or our Services, such as information required to process credit card payments if you purchase services from us. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose Personal Information except as needed to perform their functions or comply with legal requirements, and they may not use it for any other purpose except in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We have contracts with these third party service providers, and they are subject to the legal requirements of the jurisdictions in which they operate.
Please note that the links to our third party service providers’ privacy policies and the information contained within them may change from time to time.
We do not sell any contact or analytics data to any third party.
We will protect your information as described in this Policy if your Personal Information is transferred to these third parties and by us to other countries, but we do not control these third parties, including their tracking technologies and their use of the data that you provide to them directly or through or by means of the Website and the Services. While we will respond to any requests about your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy, please note that we may not be able to have third parties fulfill requests with respect to your Personal Information. For instance, if you ask us to delete your Personal Information, we will delete the Personal Information that we possess about you in accordance with this Policy, but our third party service providers may have separate data retention policies. For instance, our hosting provider may have backup tapes of your Personal Information that it retains for some period of time in accordance with its own privacy policies.
By using our Website or Services, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to and from these third parties and processed and stored by them, and having them transfer your data to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than your country. We do not represent that our Website, Services, or these third party services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain forms of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: Autism Technologies, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1430 Gadsden Hwy. Suite 116-605, Birmingham, AL 35235.
California imposes certain legal requirements regarding “Do Not Track” disclosures. The internet browsers that you use to visit our Website may provide certain “Do Not Track” capabilities. Generally, browsers that have these features send a signal to web sites that inform the site operator that you do not wish for the site to track you. We do not respond to these signals because there is not yet a common understanding of how to process these signals or a consensus on what “tracking” means.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you the ability to choose a password for access to certain parts of our Website or to obtain certain Services available through the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website or in connection with our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding data security, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” above.
International Data Transfers
Your files and information, including Personal Information, may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers. We and our service providers may transfer information, including Personal Information, that we retain about you to others (including service providers) located in countries other than the country in which we originally collected such information about you. Different countries have different data protection rules, and these rules may differ from those of the country where we collected your information, including Personal Information. We will, however, take measures to ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws and that your Personal Information remains protected to the standards described in this Policy. Please be aware that in certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in other countries may be entitled to access your information, including your Personal Information.
Changes to Our Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
Methods of Contact
From time to time, we may e-mail or contact you regarding important Company updates or feature announcements, as well as news from our partners. You may opt out of receiving emails or contacts from us by e-mailing our support team at [email protected].
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices or to request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your Personal Information, to object to processing, or to delete your account with us, please contact us:
By Mail: Autism Technologies, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1430 Gadsden Hwy. Suite 116-605, Birmingham, AL 35235.
By Electronic Mail: [email protected]
When you contact us, we collect information that helps us categorize your question, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate any breach of our Terms of Service or this Policy. We also use this information to track potential problems and trends and customize our support responses to better serve you.